"A Thing Like Joy": National Poetry Month Fund Drive
from “Into the Next Eden”
We stood as flags pitched in sand, staking
the human claim—
Of being alive. Of seeing the sea. The baby
looking and looking—
And then a thing like joy, yes, did I know it?
In anticipation of spring and National Poetry Month, you are invited to celebrate new poetry with Copper Canyon Press. Your donation supports an entire season of collections from a brilliant and diverse cohort of authors, including Smoking the Bible by Chris Abani, The Trees Witness Everything by Victoria Chang, and Now Do You Know Where You Are by Dana Levin. Hear these authors at our March 30 livestream book launch and fundraiser: register here. Make your gift of $50 or above using the form on this page, and receive books from our list of new releases. Your contribution allows us to publish books in the coming year.
- $200 – pick 4 books
- $100 – pick 2 books
- $50 – pick 1 books
Choose from these new and forthcoming poetry collections:
- Smoking the Bible by Chris Abani (available May 17)
- The Trees Witness Everything by Victoria Chang (available April 26)
- Content Warning: Everything by Akwaeke Emezi (available April 5)
- Now Do You Know Where You Are by Dana Levin (available April 19)
- Event Horizon by Cate Marvin (available May 24)
- Love Poems in Quarantine by Sarah Ruhl (available May 31)
- Diaries of a Terrorist by Christopher Soto (available May 3)
- Swallowed Light by Michael Wasson (available May 10)
Register for our online poetry reading, benefit, and celebration of three new books from our fall/winter season, featuring Chris Abani, Victoria Chang, and Dana Levin. Each will read from their new Copper Canyon Press collection, and participate in a discussion about the creative process moderated by Editor in Chief Michael Wiegers.